Full-time Fundraising & Communication Coordinator
RED NOSES Jordan (RNJO) is seeking a qualified candidate for one year (with possibility of extension) for the full-time position of Fundraising and Communication Coordinator at the office of RED NOSES Jordan, located in Amman.
About RED NOSES Jordan (RNJO):
RNJO is an artistic organisation with the mission to bring humour and laughter to people in need of joy. It is one of 11 RED NOSES group countries and was officially registered as a local branch office of RED NOSES International (RNI) in Jordan in 2017. RED NOSES is the first artistic organisation in Jordan that combines the art of clowning with healthcare and introduces this creative performing art into unusual places like social and medical facilities.
Through different artistic interventions, RNJO provided psychosocial support and help improve the emotional well-being of hospitalised children, children with disabilities, the elderly and children in marginalised areas. Currently, RNJO is operating in several medical and social facilities around Jordan. Since the establishment, RNJO has contributed to the development of a Jordanian creative clowning sector that contains many local performing artists and has a great impact on the health, cultural and artistic life and scene in Jordan.
RED NOSES vision:
- We believe in the beauty of human emotions and strive to help people rediscover moments of happiness, especially in times and places of crisis and hardship.
- We envision the creation of a healthier and more humane world by contributing to the wellbeing of all human beings.
- With the art of philosophy of professional clowning we support society in reconnecting with joy, happiness and optimism.
- A healthy society knows how to laugh and play; people living in a healthy society are connected to each other.
- RED NOSES is a global movement with a clear focus on encouraging more joy and happiness in the world.
1. Functional responsibilities:
Communication and content management:
- Developing and implementing a communication strategy, including raising awareness action plan.
- Developing, managing, and updating RNJO website and social media channels to raise awareness of the work of RNJO.
- Quality and timely production of audio-visual and printed materials (including content), and all RNJO publications (newsletters, brochures, flyers etc.)
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local and international media, pitch stories, write press releases.
- Alignment with RED NOSES group brand identity.
- Writing content, translate, and proof reading of all written materials.
- Other tasks required.
- Support in the development of a local resource mobilisation strategy.
- Implementation of resource mobilisation strategy togehether with the Managing Director.
- Seek possible fundraising opportunities for RNJO, including donors mapping and grants proposal writing.
2. Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3 years experience in public relations, media, content management and communications.
- Holding BA or higher degree in press, public relations or any related field.
- Knowledge of TYPO3 or other web content management system.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Preference to knowledge in databases and design software.
- Preference to knowledge of video production and editing.
- Knowledge and experience in proposals writing and fundraising.
- Excellent social media skills.
- Well-organized, able to work with deadlines.
- An analytical mind with attention to details.
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexibility in working hours
- The ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work in the field when needed; for photography.
- Core competences: humour, teamwork, ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, results oriented, communication and leadership skills.
3. Application process:
All applicants must send a cover letter an updated CV (no longer than three pages) in English via email to info[at]rednoses.jo by 28/05/2023. Please put ‘Fundraising and Communication Coordinator’ in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Statement on Safeguarding:
RED NOSES always seek to create safe environments for children and vulnerable adults in all programmes and in countries we work in. We recognise the utmost importance of keeping children and vulnerable adults safe and ensuring that they are protected from maltreatment or anything, that is detrimental to their health and development, within our organisation as well as with our partners. We do not tolerate any form of child abuse, exploitation, neglect or violation of a child’s and vulnerable person’s privacy and rights.
As part of RED NOSES safeguarding policies, upon recruitment, employees should submit a criminal record certificate issued by the local authorities.